This Privacy and Cookies Policy explains how realchristianity.com uses personal information we collect and how you can limit our use of that personal data.
1.1 We may gather information that relates to you and can identify you (e.g. your name and address) and information that does not identify you (e.g. a visitor’s behaviour patterns when they visit our website).
We collect information that does not identify you to evaluate our site and ensure that our site and services run properly.
We might also collect your IP address through the placement of cookies (see sections 5 and 6 on cookies and their management, below).
2.1 Information is gathered in two ways:
(1) indirectly (e.g. using website technology); and
(2) directly (e.g. when you ask to receive our email bulletins, or you otherwise provide your information when you interact with us).
3. How do you decide how you want to hear from us?
We make it possible for you to contact us and tell us something without requiring you to give your email address. If you do that, we will not be able to reply to you. However, if you do choose to give us your email address, we will hold that.
4.1 We might use your information to:
(1) remember you when you visit our website and track your browsing patterns by using cookies. You can prevent this; section 5 deals with this in more detail;
(2) place your anonymised information into audience segments to identify your interests so that we might serve you with bulletins or alerts that might interest you
(3) ensure any services you receive are correctly administered;
(4) contact you by email to let you know about any of our services or to inform you of ministries that we recommend, but only in accordance with the permissions you give us;
(5) ensure materials on the website are presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer or mobile device;
(6) collate and log numeric internet addresses to improve the website and to monitor website usage;
(7) assess and understand customer feedback and identify usage hotspots;
4.2 If you have subscribed to any of our services, we will use the information you provide to keep you updated on those services unless you have told us otherwise.
5.2 We use the following types of cookie:
(1) Analytics cookies that anonymously remember your computer or mobile device when you visit our website. They keep track of browsing patterns and build up a profile of how our readers use the website. We might use that information to target bulletins or alerts to you on our website and other related websites.
(2) Service cookies that help us to make our website work as efficiently as possible; remember your registration and login details; remember your settings preferences; and meter the number of pages you view.
6.1 Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this look at the “help” menu on your browser. Switching off cookies may restrict your use of the website and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
6.2 If you would prefer to just restrict third party cookies, visit www.myonlinechoices.com.
7.1 We may disclose your personal information if we are approached by some Government department or other organisation, if we are required to do so by law or in good-faith, believing such action is necessary to comply with the law.
7.2 We never sell personal information, or pass it to third parties for marketing purposes or for any other reason.
8.1 The personal information that we collect from you may be sent and stored outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") in order to carry out the activities listed in “How we use your information”.
9.1 If we change our Policy, we will post the changes on this page. Please check the website regularly for any changes to this Policy.
10.1 If you believe that we have not adhered to this Policy, please notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to solve the problem promptly.
This Policy was last updated on 18 February 2014.